Thursday 1 May 2014

A Trip to Lincoln and a bit of Fabric Shopping

Over the Easter holidays, we had a little break to the UK and to Lincoln to stay with family.  And what a lovely time we had.  

Fortunately, the weather was on our side most of the time, and we were able to enjoy lots of days out with the children, including Alton Towers, which was fabulous!  And I even managed to squeeze in some fabric shopping.   I found a gorgeous little homewares shop called Follie, and they just happened to be selling the latest Amy Butler fabrics.  Who was I to resist?!


And since coming home, there's been a few more (online) fabric purchases too.  Eclectic Maker never fail to impress.  Less than 24 hours from ordering, these beauties were on my doorstep.

 
The blue moda dot fabric was actually intended for some baby boy bunting.  But doesn't it work beautifully with the other fabrics, which are called October Afternoon, Rocket Age in Red by Riley Blake fabrics.  I'm dreaming up all the things I could make with this little trio. 

I've not blogged in ages and there's so much more to share with you.  It's been a busy month and a productive month too but it has meant blogging has taken a backseat.  But hoping to post again soon, this time with some finishes!

Sarah x

5 comments:

  1. Great fabric purchases! And that Cathedral is beautiful!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely time. I'd like to visit Lincoln one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have met up with Trudi. She's up that way. Gld you had a nice time, nd fit in fabric shopping too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to school in Lincoln ( many eons ago ) and we had to sing in the cathedral every year. It is a beautiful place and I get to visit as my mother still lives there very close to the cathedral. Great fabric purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fabric purchases, Sarah. I have a friend in Lincoln but haven't been there for years (she comes to me) perhaps I should pay her a visit :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!