Thursday 2 October 2014

The Stitch Gathering 2014

It was a few weeks ago now that I found myself in Edinburgh with the wonderful Jo in the lead up to, during and after The Stitch Gathering 2014.  What a weekend it was!  I was having so much fun, I hardly took any photos!  But here we are in the afternoon session, working hard, chatting and generally sharing the sewing love with like minded people.  



Can you see Jennie from Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine, she was there too and getting stuck in to some EPP!

In the morning I made a cafe apron with the lovely Julie and just yesterday I gifted it to a very special friend of mine.  I'm pleased to say she was delighted with it.



She wasn't the only one who loved these aprons.  Here's Jo's husband Jonathan modelling...I think he looks rather fetching!


It really was a fabulous day, and we were completely spoiled.  We all got a wonderful goodie bag (Thank you Coats, Very Berry Fabrics, Aurifil, LP Magazine, Dashwood, Blend, DMC Threads, Anchor!)  and of course there were a few swaps.  We were all given a special SG bag before hand and asked to decorate it.  Look at the bag I received, it's gorgeous!!  Thank you so much Nikki!  



And here's the EPP and yo yo bag I made for Jane.



I also took part in the name tag swap, and my goodness I hit the jackpot with the badge that I received from the delightful, gorgeous Hikaru.  And she also wrote me a tiny, perfectly formed letter with such beautiful words, I nearly cried.  Thank you so very much Hikaru xx



Here's the badge I made for the wonderful Di, of Willowbeck Designs.   who I'm pleased to say has become a friend after meeting at FQR London both this year and last.  I was so happy to make this badge for her!



If you get the change to go to the Stitch Gathering next year, I say grab the opportunity with both hands, it was just fab.  And of course it's a fantastic excuse to look around the beautiful city of Edinburgh too :-)

Sarah x


4 comments:

  1. You do get about, Sarah - and to the best places! Thanks for sharing - have never been to Edinburgh ... hmmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was lovely to see you and really looking forward to next year already! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Sarah thank you! Especially love the photo of Jonathan in his pinny! And lovely to see your gorgeous nametag again, it is just stunning!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Sarah...I'm so jealous...of you getting to go to the Gathering AND seeing Jo again!:) Your apron and bag turned out great! Glad you found me...so I could find you!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!